Become a member

Membership of Type allows unlimited access to our online library. Join to support new research and writing on the design of the built environment.

You can read more about membership here.

Become a member

Already a member? Login to your account to avail of unlimited downloads.

Sign up to our newsletter

Sign up to our newsletter for all the latest new and updates.

Architectural Survey 1959

Journal
1959
The Parkside Press Ltd.
€ 4.75 EUR

Architectural Survey was an annual review of contemporary architecture in Ireland, which ran from 1953-1972. Projects featured in this edition include: Catholic Church, Curragh Camp, Co. Kildare by the OPW (Gerald McNicholl); Church of the Resurrection, Spangle Hill, Cork, by Fitzgerald Smith & Co. with Buckley & Ryan; St. Mary’s Church, Creggan, Derry, by Corr & McCormick; Convent of the Good Shepherd, Derry, by Corr & McCormick; Cathedral of Maria Assumpta, Owerri, Nigeria, by Hooper & Mayne; Soil Research Station, Johnstown Castle, Cp. Wexford, by the OPW (F.S. Maskell); Fire Station, Armagh, by Munce & Kennedy; Telephone Exchange, Dundrum, by the OPW (John Fox); Telephone Exchange, Stillorgan Road, by the OPW (Frank DuBerry); Cerebral Palsy Clinic, Sandymount, by Brendan O’Connor; Dispensary, Naas, Co. Kildare, by Niall Meagher; Boys’ School, Strabane, Co. Tyrone, by Corr & McCormick; Girls’ School, Walkinstown, by J. Oliver Murray; Flats, Hogan Place, by Dublin Corporation (D.P. Hanly); House in Malahide by Frank Gibney; House in Malahide by R.C. Creedon; House in Tallaght by Robinson, Keefe & Devane; House in Craigavad, Co. Down, by Munce & Kennedy; House in Coleraine, Co. Derry, by Munce & Kennedy; Conversion, House at Donaghadee, Co. Down, by McAllister, Mather & Partners; Conversion, Mews at Leeson Close, by Sam Stephenson; Chocolate Factory at Coolock by C.J. Wilkinson with Ove Arup & Partners; Biscuit Factory, Kill O’ the Grange, by Samuel Stevenson & Sons; Carpet Factory, Donaghadee, Co. Down, by McAllister, Mather & Partners; Hotel, Anne Street, by P.H. Corcoran; Filling Station, Clonskea, by Michael Scott; Filling Station, Townsend Street, by Michael Scott; Filling Station, Fortfield Road, by Niall Montgomery; Filling Station, Bride Street, by McCormack & Keane; Shoe Shop, Camden Street, by Niall Montgomery; Booking Office, Grafton Street, by Downes & Meehan; Newsagent’s Shop, Rathmines, by Pearse MacKenna; Hairdressing Salon, Nassau Street, by Patrick Campbell; Coffee Bar, Anne Street, by Uinseann MacEoin.

Editor: Patrick M. Delany

Office of Public Works, Reconstruction, domestic, Desmond R. O’Kelly, Gustamur-foto, Catholic Church, Curragh Camp, Kildare, Church of the Resurrection, Spangle Hill, Cork, St. Mary’s Church, Creggan Derry, Convent of the Good Shepherd, Convent, Church, chapel, cathedral, Commerce, Health, Industry, Education, Religion, Housing, Public Service, Recreation, New Liberty Hall Building, Earley Studios of Ecclesiastical Arts, The Walpamur Company, RW Hammond, P.J. Hegarty, Studio 39, Leinster Studios, Rev. Fr. Rynne CSSP, WD Fry, T.S. McCarter, Lensmen, Leslie Stuart Studios, Rex Roberts Studios, Brendan Wall, Arthur Winter, Newtownards Chronicle, Deegan Photo, Directory of Architects, Classified Buyers’ Guide, Index to advertisers

Website by Good as Gold.